FreakScore is a weighted average of all aggregated professional and user review scores. Read more
This product has a FreakScore of 8.8 out of 10 based on 60 scores.
Leased an apartment for the short-term temporarily and am glad it includes a washer and dryer. Due to space restrictions, both were pretty compact but it works.
The washer is the Haier HLP23E unit. I'm used to the dial button controls not the newer press button controls. It was relatively simple to figure out how to use but still had to look up the manual to figure out what the flashing time meant.
The machine works and the sound level is acceptable but goes towards the loud side if you have a heavy load and how the water connection is made. The water connection was basically the loudest thing about the machine since it was an older apartment so can't do anything about that except shut the door in the cramp … space where the washer/dryer is located.
1. For heavy loads, separate them into smaller loads even if it means doing the laundry more than once.
- If you do more than one load, prepare yourself for long wash times!
2. Unfortunately, the machine is NOT efficient in washing.
- For normal loads, the wash indicator flashes 45/66 which, according to the manual, is the time for wash/rinse cycle, which is totally Ridiculous!!!
- It should NOT take 45 min to wash then 66 min to rinse. This implies that the unit is NOT powerful and will suck up water in over 1 1/2 hours meaning your water bill will be relatively higher!
- Also according to the manual, for Heavy loads, it takes 20 min for pre-soak, 8 min for pre-wash then 5 min for 2d pre-soak BEFORE the "normal" wash/rinse/spinning cycle, which is utterly ridiculous!
- Blame the Chinese manufacturer in making a relatively cheap washing machine.
3. After the wash, the clothes do come out balled up somewhat, just like what other reviewers have noted in their comments. Remember to loosen up and fluff the clothes before putting it into the dryer.
1. Compact - Yes
2. Noisy - somewhat
3. Efficient in washing - NO! Takes too long and uses too much water!
At least I know what washer Not to buy when I get my own place to live.See more See less