www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Olympus-ws-200s-digital-recorder.30293
7.5 out of 10

Olympus WS-200s

This stereo voice recorder is designed to provide massive storag Read more

Best Price at Amazon

Reviews and Problems with Olympus WS-200s

Showing 1-10 of 13
Overall 8
8.0

nice usb feature, average sound pick up

pao, Amazon
15 October 2010
  • Summary: i like being able to work off my computer when transcribing notes It doesn't pick up the interviews the best, just average i'd say. I'm considering buying a separate mic.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Olympus WS200S General Review

Mr. Ralph Magnus "rwmagnus", Amazon
6 December 2006
  • Summary: Only weakness I see is the speaker. It's just too weak needing more volumne range. Other than that this is an awesome digital recorder, small, light weight great battery life, easy to down load files etc. I'd buy it again but to get a 5 star rating they need to upgrade the speaker.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Great Devise if you have tiny fingers

R. Vance "habeeb", Amazon
6 November 2006
  • Summary: The built-in uSb connection saves time no fumbling with cables. windows XP sees the recorder as another drive with files very easy to transfer recordings. Choice of quality Levels is great - lower quality for lengthy lectures, Higher quality for language courses. Keeping track of files is also easy. many audio editing programs available to take out long silences BUT.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Worth the money

R. Hannon, Amazon
1 October 2006
  • Summary: I bought this recorder to use as a audio journal and to jot down ideas for future writing projects. The folder function makes it easy to divide up these ideas and retrieve them. I am pleased with the sound quality as I don't expect it to be recording studio quality. It does the job for me. I do agree with others about the issues with noise from handling, the small switches (I often have to put my glasses on to see the switches!), and the sudden battery popping out bit.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Worth the money, not very durable

Josquin DesPrez "Josq", Amazon
26 August 2006
  • Summary: This unit will give you more than 4 hours of stereo (or double that in mono) "HQ" recording in Windows Media format and allows you to transfer files by dragging and dropping in Windows, without having to install and use the shockingly primitive software used by SONY and others for their recorders. I love this. The HQ sound is excellent for recording voice memos or class lectures. Tends to be treble-heavy.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Olympus batteries & Audio Editors

Dan L. Marler "Maxx", Amazon
19 August 2006
  • Summary: I own and use a WS-100, WS-200S and WS-320M. I record voice conversations and meetings which often equires the use of two at a time. The main reason for this is the unit's battery. The bottom of the WS-100 and 200S easily slips out allowing the battery to fall out (not good) and while the WS-320M doesn't have this problem, keeping the battery cover on can be a challenge (I use a rubber band).
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Works on a Mac!

Magnus Greel "wengchiang", Amazon
2 May 2006
  • Summary: As an Apple Mac user, I just needed a digital recorder that worked! I took a gamble with this one and the Mac (10.4 Tiger) recognises it right out of the box, no cables or drivers required! Recordings are made in Windows Media (WMA) format which I convert to MP3 using an app called ffmpegX (get it from versiontracker.com) and it works perfectly. This product really starts to shine when you use an external stereo microphone - the quality is amazing.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Olympus WS-200S 128 MB Digital Voice Recorder - Great voice recorder

Gaby M. Adisho "Gab", Amazon
13 March 2006
  • Summary: This is a great voice recorder. However, it would have been great if it could record MNP3 format.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

A good product

Osmin Magaña "Osmin Magana", Amazon
1 March 2006
  • Summary: The WS200S it's a good product. The quality of the sound it's great. The stereo feature impact in the perception of the sound. It had small buttons for record, play, stop and control volume. It's slacks the feature to sincronize de time from the PC. You need to update manually.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Pretty much in line w/ what other reviewers have said.....

Philip Mason "Philip Mason, JD, CPA", Amazon
17 October 2005
  • Summary: Others reviewers said that it records well, but if you so much as look at it cross eyed, you get terrible audio 'static' for lack of a better word. And you know what? They were exactly right. For my purposes I can let my recorder lie still while it records about 98% of the time, but the other 2% of the time, I know I'll have to lower the volume on my computer big time when I play it back b/c the noise will horrendously loud, and I'll be lucky to hear what I was trying to...
  • Read full review
Next page >>