Reviews and Problems with Universal Remote MRF_100B
Showing 1-10 of 13
11 November 2010
Summary: If you need this product to complete your home entertainment system or make it better, I highly recommend it for the easy installation and great price. It has a video which I watched and was very helpful. You don't have to watch to install but it doesn't last long and has some good pointers. There is 11 easy steps to follow for installation in the manual. If my 2 year old could read, he could have done it.
Summary: Included in this kit you get the blaster (the face of the kit) which when viewed with NV goggles shows how much IR light it really dumps out - about 100x what a remote does, plus you get 8 mice to stick over the IR receiver of the products you are controlling, which guarantees they get the signal. Even better, you can put these in multiple rooms and use one remote to operate equipment in various parts of the house.
Summary: I don't know where it is coming from or how to isolate it. It may be interference from outside of the home, but every once in a while the lights will flicker even though no signal is being sent from the remote. When this happen, the receiver will not accept commands from the remote.
Summary: The device seems to work reasonably well if you play around to position it. One big problem I encountered - the MFR100B device isn't addressable. So if you have two rooms on the same floor, each with its own compatible remote and base station, you may see cross-talk where the remote in one room changes the TV in the other room. You'll need the MFR350 or MFR260 devices which have "addressable" base stations to assign a channel to a single remote.
Summary: The hardest part about using the Power Blaster is getting it out of the plastic packaging without breaking it. I bought it in a bundle with an R20 universal remote. Before getting the Power Blaster I had to hold a remote above the coffee table for it to work. I also had to point the remote directly at the components for it to work reliably.
Summary: Used this product for 3 months without problem. Suddenly, it stopped working and prevented our cable box from working. After replacing the cable box, we discovered the culprit was this product. According to the manufacturer, we are now picking up some kind of interference and IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM. Upon calling, given some things to try, which proived fruitless, and calling a second time, I was just dismissed without resolution. BUY their products AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Summary: Three years ago we purchased a URC 200 Automator master remote control to handle six different home theater pieces of equipment.. which it did so beautifully.. letting us enjoy our coffee table again(now free of half a dozen remotes).. About a month ago we upgraded to a large screen LCD flat panel television (Sony 46 inch) and a newer progressive scan DVD player. (Still waiting for the Blu ray players to drop in price).
Summary: I'm sure you understand that the way these things work is that the RF10, 20 or 30 remote sends an RF signal that is picked up by the PowerBlaster. It blasts out a very strong, very wide beam of IR that can bounce around and operate your IR-controllable equipment. It also has these little plug in flashers that you can tape to your equipment. You might be scared off by the one reviewer who said he taped the little plug-in flashers onto his equipment items' IR windows.
Summary: My husband loves gadgets, I hate clutter. This was the perfect solution, however neither of us expected it to work. Well...we were wrong. All our components are hidden in a closet about 15 feet away from where we use the remote. We even went outside (about 30 feet away and through several walls) and it still worked great. We didn't need any of the probes, the powerblaster transmits the signal to all the components perfectly.
Summary: I tried one other remote device to control my DTV receiver before purchasing this one. This one works....the other did not have the range or power to go through the last wall where the DTV receiver lives. Easy to hook up and by putting the inferred pickup slightly off to one side, I could use the local remote control as well.