Samsung Tale of Woe on Product and Service Quality
Thomas Callahan, Amazon
1 August 2014
Summary: Bought two of these from Amazon in March. Four months later--no picture or sound on one of them. Had to call Samsung service (45 minutes, multiple menu levels). Truly uninformed call center guy gave me a ticket number and told me that someone would contact me in a couple of days to come to my house...
Summary: I paid more than $40.00 for a protection plan from Square Trade through Amazon. The TV went out on 7 June 2014, I purchased the thing through Amazon in October 2013. I tried to file a claim through Square Trade and got a smug reply to contact the manufacturer.
Summary: Excellent TV, the display quality is immaculate, the speakers are actually really good for a TV as well. I wasn't happy with the way it was packaged though, not even amused. I didn't expect to see a TV box like you would in a store, with handle holes in the side that you could touch the TV through...
The Included Stand Comes with Three Mounting Screws. DO NOT THROW THESE OUT
James Ahn, Amazon
26 April 2014
Summary: I almost made this mistake, just putting the TV on its square stand and boy was it wobbly. I went on eBay to look for replacement stands, then saw the factory stand on sale with a picture - wrapped in the shrink wrap was a small plastic bag with three screws in it. WHAT?
Summary: I bought this TV because of people mentioning the transformer. I made a cigarette lighter DC adapter and it works in my camper now without A/C. Excellent quality and the media browser works well when playing video off a hard drive plugged into the USB port.
Summary: I bought this for my bedroom, which turned out to be a perfect choice. I have limited space, so this was the only option for me in that regard. The picture quality is very good, but the sound could be somewhat better.
Summary: Great picture but took a long time to "burn in" the circuits! After a month or so, the chemical "burning" smell is finally going away. Changing the video setting had no effect. Definitely had to keep the window open when the smell/odor got too strong.