Summary: The Ion Slides2PC slide digitizer gives very poor performance: random, frequent failures to acquire image, or transfer image, poor color adjustment, need to reload application software, need to repeat acquire process including calibration have caused me significant frustration. I was able to digitize some slides, but gave up when the time it took was excessive. I'm going to look into other slide digitizer vendors.
Summary: I purchased this scanner because of its stackable slide loader. That was a disappointment. The slides often stuck in the scanner, slowing down the process. The scanning procedure is not intuitive, resulting in missed or duplicate scans. The viewing screen cannot be adjusted, so can only be viewed from a straight on angle. The 5 megapixel scans result in scans that lack clarity.
Summary: Another example of good hardware and poor software. The hardware captures a reasonably crisp image and it is easy to use and setup. Negative scanning: The scanner captures a good image with good color representation (35MM negatives : <10 years old) Slide scanning: The software tries to do automatic white balancing with each slide and really screws up the color and exposure.
Summary: I purchased this scanner several years ago (2009) when I first started getting serious about developing my own black and white film. There are some merits to this film scanner, and some serious pitfalls, that I will discuss below. PROS This is quite a simple device. You load in your negatives four at a time into the easy tray, slide it into the scanner (which installed quite easily) and then scan each one.
Summary: The results were very poor. It has only fixed focus, which means 90% of its captures are horribly out of a focus (the remaining 10% being at best okay). It has also has no manual controls for things like exposure, and colour channels. This rendered some slides unusable, and further compounded blurring issues (since over-exposure causes severe bleeding in high contrast areas).
Summary: Whe it works, it works well enough. The problem with this product is it is extremely temperamental. Sometimes it works. sometimes it does not. I have had to reset, uninstall and reinitialize the drivers several times. I do not recommend this scanner.