Summary: Poor Wan to Lan throughput. Cable modem directly to computer I get 300Mbps/20Mbps. With this router I get 150Mbps/20Mpbs. When I changed to the Linksys EA6300, speed increased to the 300Mbps/20Mbps that comes into my house. This is very poor at what it's supposed to do, route Wan to Lan traffic.
Product to complex for average user. Poor support, poor documentation, counterintuitive systems all round.
3 weeks ago
Summary: I really wanted to like Linksys products. I've had two routers and two range extenders. They are simply impossible for me to use. You need to be far more sophisticated that I am, apparently. I'm giving up. No more Linksys products for me. They are just too user UN-friendly. The web site is confusing and not clearly written, thus not at all helpful. I've tried every form of customer support.
Might be a bad power supply because nothing lights up
Amazon Customer, Amazon
19 February 2015
Summary: DOA. Might be a bad power supply because nothing lights up. Sending back. Was really hoping this would be a good unit. Have had success with other refurbished units from other vendors in the past.
Summary: This was a nightmare after the other. I first got a defective router and had to jump through hoops just to get a credit back to purchase the replacement. I got the replacement today and I was very disappointed after I opened the box. I know this is a refurbished unit but what I saw was not just refurbished. It was recently used and just slapped in the box.The plastic cover was already peeled off and I had a bad feeling about it. My suspicion was right.
Excerpt: Returned the product.1. No manual setup. only way to setup is with the included CD2. Required me to download new software to my computer.3. Required me to use WEP and had onerous password requirements.That's Three Strikes. Back in the box. Back to the store. Never finished the setup, so I don't know how it would work. They seem to be confused about whose network this is, theirs or mine.
Summary: After six months of owning this, im findinf something else. Ive had nothing but problwms with linksys routers lately. (Unfortunate because they used to be excellent) for the first month or so it worked flawlessly and now it works great 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time I'm resetting it. After resetting it it will work for 5-10 minutes before it craps out again. All the firmware is up to date and factory resets do nothing.
Summary: I bought this item to eventually hook up to security camera. At this point, it works on my desk top PC (which it is sitting right next to) but signal keeps dropping when using my SKYPE camera on my TV and my kindle. This is an item that can't be taken back to Walmart and has to be sent back to Tiger Direct. Trying to get return information has not happened. Had to hook up my old Belkin 550 that I paid 25.00 for and it works perfect. Would not purchase again.
Summary: Aside from strong signal strength and fast speeds this is the worst router I've ever dealt with. I've spent the last 8 years as a full time IT technician. I'm certified by Microsoft and several other large corporations to work on computers and networks and still have constantly had issues with this over the year that I've had it.
Summary: I will be forced to look for another solution from another company. Nothing is easy and never take anything for granted. I am burying the hours spent trying to solve this problem with this informative review. I made the cardinal sin by not checking out the reviews. I hope not to make that mistake again.
Pros: I have bought Linksys product since 1997 and have loved them for the most part. Any reasonable IT person like me would conclude that it should work off the shelf and talk to its relative with ease. This is not the case. When Cisco sold Linksys to Belkin, things change. Support is not up to snuff. Who wants to speak with someone from the Phillipines?
Cons: Will not communicate well with the other Router in Bridge mode.
Over a year of intermittent connectivity/inability to stream media, and unacceptable customer support
DK-Los Angeles, Amazon
19 October 2014
Summary: The EA4500-NP arrived at my house earlier this month. Here is the backstory: I purchased the EA4500 a year ago (27-September2013) at the advice of Cisco/Linksys customer support. I called them when the old Cisco router I had was not ‘playing nice with my Cisco Range Extender (RE1000). They said the Range Extender was most compatible with the EA4500. Problems with intermittent connectivity/inability to stream media appeared right away.