www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Dummy.190587
3.2 out of 10

Zojirushi NHS-18

Great Deal: $66.00

Reviews and Problems with Zojirushi NHS-18

Showing 1-10 of 73
Overall 8
8.0

Works OK

JAS32 "jas32", Amazon
3 weeks ago
  • Summary: This rice cooker works great for cooking Japanese short grain rice. We only use it strictly for cooking rice and nothing else. It works similar to a Panasonic rice cooker we had previously. However, like the Panasonic no matter how I clean/rinse the rice prior to cooking, the cooked rice at the bottom of the pot would have some brown spots. The rice doesn't taste or smells burnt, it just appears slightly brown/burnt.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Takes practice, but definitely worth the investment.

Greg, Amazon
28 November 2014
  • Summary: It does everything that I could have ever asked for. I cook brown and wild rice in it probably 2-3 times per week (up to 4-5 cups at a time), and they both come out pretty decently every time. I would recommend soaking the rice for at least a day prior to cooking it and adding more water than what the booklet recommends. Otherwise, bubbles will form and start to spit out of the little hole in the top, which creates quite a mess.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Piece of garbage going into the dump after 13 months.

D. Johnson, Amazon
9 September 2014
  • Summary: It was great from May 2013 to June 2014. Then the plastic push down button broke off. Next it developed a bad electronic smell and now does not cook the rice properly. It's going in the dump and I'm here shopping for a new one. What an extreme waste. I got my first rice cooker in 1991, that one still works great and I had to get it back from my vacation house.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Does Not Cook White Rice Throughly

W, Amazon
7 July 2014
  • Summary: This cooker does not cook white rice to the full extent. It does 95% of the job when the switch turns off on its own, which leaves a 5% of raw taste in the rice. I bought it because it's a good brand and it looks clean and simple, but I am disappointed that this cooker does not perform the core function.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

The rice cooker replacement I so needed

Dee Fields "Deelirious", Amazon
5 July 2014
  • Summary: Does everything my old rice cooker did without changing any ratios of rice to water. Love the fact that it does that and gives me a little more capacity. Just the perfect size for our needs. This unit comes with a slightly complex, but nicely detailed, pamphlet explaining how much rice (or other grain) to water to use.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Solid Choice

Jim Wagner, Amazon
13 June 2014
  • Summary: Makes better rice than my last rice cooker. I like the simple design and glass top so you can monitor it's status.This size is perfect for our family. Very easy to clean. Seems durable and of solid quality. It's so easy it's almost fun to use. We made a good choice.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Great rice cooker

Nonkimono, Amazon
9 May 2014
  • Summary: Very easy to use. Have used it for both brown rice and white rice. Also have steamed veggies in it.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Can't tell the difference from the older model (GOOD thing!)

Grits, Amazon
7 May 2014
  • Summary: Our old cooker/steamer (same model #) simply wore out (or at least the coating in the bottom did) over many years of use. So we replaced it with the same model. No difference whatsoever - love it! Note: packaging and handling was HORRIBLE! The shipping box was terribly smashed (worst I've ever seen in my life, I think), and I frankly expected damage to the product (there was even a hole cut in the product box).
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Love it!

Travis Schultz, Amazon
24 April 2014
  • Summary: Cooks white rice very quickly and perfectly, and has been used to make steamed salmon Florentine, stir fry vegetables, a wide array of uses. Very good product. The only con I can think of is if you are not going to get to the rice right away when its done, it will brown on the bottom, not bad though, and certainly still edible, but if you aren't going to use it right away, stir your rice, or just unplug the unit.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

so far so good

Dandan Liu, Amazon
19 March 2014
  • Summary: so far so good. rice taste good and not stick on the cooker. Love it, kind of big, should buy a smaller one next time
  • Read full review
Next page >>