Summary: Personal Experience Excellent picture and contrast w/o an iris. Problems Vertical banding is still a problem between the old hc3800 (dc2) and this hc4000 (dc3 chip), so quality is still problematic. Still got some rbe if you're sensitive.
Summary: This is simply the best HD projector you can get for this price. Easy to install and use. Only potential downside is that the image can't be moved without moving the projector, which is not a big deal for most users.
Summary: I thought the picture quality was pretty good. Black level was decent but lacked detail. The brightness was way to low for my liking (Used cinema gamma). I don't know if I got a bad unit but I suspect I might of because the brightness and contrast options in the menu had little to no effect when adjusting the picture. I tried the AVS calibration download and could not get anything done without using my computers NVIDIA option for brightness and contrast.
Summary: We decided to go with a home theater projector from flat screens. We wanted to feel like were in the theater and this projector exceeded our expectations! We decided to get the projector first and then measure for a screen or even paint a screen on the wall. The projector came fast and very well packaged. We bought the ceiling hanging bracket as well. Everything arrived together to install. This projector with our surround sound system is amazing.
Summary: Great projector for its money. Only draw back is that you cannot connect speakers directly to the projector so you have to purchase a system to go with it, which in time I will do when I save enough funs.
Summary: Just a great unit. I have it mounted to the ceiling with the Mitsubishi HC4000 ceiling mount. The unit was easy to set up and the picture I have in my room wide screen is at 120 inches. It fills the wall with excellent HD viewing. Most of the time the color is so vivid that you feel like you are there and it just takes your breathe away.
Summary: This unit replaces an 80k 9" CRT projector. While the blacks are not comparable this projector puts out an amazing image for a very small amount of money. I would recommend it highly for a 106 inch screen like mine.
Summary: I was a little worried about the image quality and size from the description, but I couldn't be happier with the results. Unit came up, detected the appropriate input and bingo....up on screen bigger than life! Super easy, very high quality, great, sharp image. Happy camper...
Summary: Personal Experience Great product for home cinema use. We use it with PC and Playstation 3, and usually there is some sunlight or other light sources disturbing, but Mitsu is giving still watchable image!
Summary: The HC4000 Projector is really great if you want a good value. For $1000 (Aug 2013) this projector gets you 95% of the way to a professional Christie or Barco 2K projector that are used in movie theaters. To get the remaining 5% you have to spend ten times and up from what this projector costs, and therefore it is a great value. The resolution is 1920 x 1080 (1080p/i), image is bright at 230 watts, 5000 hour lamp, and the colors are amazing, single chip filter wheel.