Summary: I have had my CP1525nw Color Printer for just over 2 years. It printed hundreds of sheets with just the toner cartridges that came with it. That was all good. The quality of the prints was picture perfect. I printed photos of the family and they looked better than photos from the shop. I found toner rather inexpensively and ordered 2 sets of all colors. I have installed all of the colors once and the black a second time. All within an acceptable timeframe for home use.
color printing is slow - it cannot print an envelop without jamming
S. Montgomery "sue-mont", Amazon
25 October 2013
Summary: It's stunning and disappointing that a company with as many great laser printers as HP has designed released a color laser printer that absolutely cannot print a business envelop without jamming. This is completely unprofessional. However, in its favor, the color printing is good...but very slow page per minute. I gave it 2 stars because when it prints, it prints very well. But if you want a professional-appearing envelope, skip this printer.
Summary: Print quality is good, but how much is that worth when the printer only prints 10% of the time. The other 90% the printer goes offline. Takes forever to get him online again, after multiple restarts and changing settings, after an hour of fiddling you may get lucky and get the printer going again. And then guess what? After a day you are back to offline again. I hate this printer!
Bad Label/Envelope Printing, Slow, Finicky With Macs
A. Peltzer, Amazon
16 August 2013
Summary: I was hoping to use this printer as an all 'rounder - all purpose printing, printing letters on letterhead, printing envelopes and labels, air printing from an iPad, etc. I use it on a mixed network of Macs and PCs, but the most complex printing is from a Mac. The network setup is fine, though it doesn't have direct AirPrint functionality.
Summary: This printer is constantly either re-calibrating or it claims to be jammed when it's not. If you use this printer for the occasional print job it might be o.k. If you want it to work when you need it to, don't buy this printer.
Toner Refills Cost More Than the Printer (and it comes with a minimal amount of "starter" toner)
SoCal Music Fan, Amazon
23 February 2013
Summary: This printer is a fine printer. Works great on my network with macs iPhones, ipads all printing to it. What is not fine is the paltry amount of toner they include in the printer and the ridiculous cost of replacement cartridges. The replacement toner cartridges come out to about $255 for the set of four. Well, for $255, I'm going to just buy another printer and sell this one on Craigslist.
good printer for the price, but ink toner will end up costing you
C. Carlson "Mc Dad", Amazon
8 December 2012
Summary: I bought this to use as a workhorse for black and white printing. The printing is great. The printer is very slow. It does "self clean" constantly, which is good, i guess, but it only slows down the process. good printer for good quality color, but if you need it for alot of printing, i would suggest getting a better printer whose toners yields alot more sheets (with toner that costs the same)
Summary: I've had this printer for about 5 months now. I an a real estate appraiser and have to print all my reports, which are about 35 pages for each report and I print between 7-15 reports a week. I've had to replace the cartridges almost every 3 weeks and at $250 to replace all 4 cartridges, well, it's just too damned expensive to operate! Plus, there is no scanning capabilities. I just don't like the damn thing.
Summary: Originally I was fairly happy with this printer and has posted a positive review. After using the CP1525 for several months, however, we are disappointed and frustrated with this product. It should also be a clue that HP stopped manufacturing this model shortly after it was released! I have to preface this by saying that I have been spoiled using an HP Color Laserjet CP2025dn for the past couple years and I have zero complaints.
Summary: Having installed the software for this printer I was expecting it to work immediately no problems - how wrong I was. I have printed some black and white pages, but quite frequently my computer fails to communicate with the printer so it doesn't do anything. I keep getting error messages, and finally decided to reinstall the software, again more error messages. I thought Epson were bad, but HP are not much better. If it doesn't work 1st time, what is the point?