Just open and close the toner door six times. The self test page is a blank with several black lines.
HOW TO TEST PRINT PAGE MANUALY WITHOUT CONNECT TO COMPUTER
To self-test a page on this printer, refer to the user’s manual configuration page. Firstly, go to the printing option, choose the ‘Services’ tab then select ‘print configuration page’.
This is how you print "Self Test / Configuration" page for the HP 1006. I just did it, for real. The following instructions are for Windows XP (but would work for any other OS that has the P1006 driver, I believe):
1. Install the print driver for the HP P1006
2. Open any application that can print
3. Select the print option from the application
4. Select the HP P1006 printer for printing
5. Select "Properties" or the like for the printer (e.g., from the print dialog box).
6. Go to the "Services" tab
7. Select "print configuration page."
Check the printer's manual, there's normally a sequence of printer buttons that will do this.