www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Printers.203483
7.0 out of 10

Epson Stylus Photo R280

Print brilliant, 4“ x 6” photos in as fast as 11 seconds or text Read more

Great Deal: $249.99

Reviews and Problems with Epson Stylus Photo R280

Showing 1-10 of 176
Overall 2
2.0

Item not as advertised

Mike Greene, Amazon
28 December 2013
  • Summary: Although the item was advertised and listed as new, it is/was not new. The outside showed fairly extreme signs of use and the installed ink cartridges were almost completely expended - i.e., less than 10 percent remaining. No way to tell if these were the originally-installed cartridges. Not all the parts were provided with the item. The CD/DVD tray is missing.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

No one honored warranty

Robert A. Zelkovsky, Amazon
11 August 2012
  • Summary: I have used Epson for many years, usually reliable. I bought this printer from Amazon but through a third party. I did not know this was a discontinued item. Six months later product failed and no one will honor warranty. I am stuck buying a new printer.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Good Printer

Marie Daniels, Amazon
2 February 2012
  • Summary: I've read a lot of negative reviews on this product and don't understand why. I bought the Epson R280 from Amazon on September 2010 and its still working great. People need to understand that printers do different things and as such this one is great for printing on DVD's & CD's. I've also used it to make I.D. badges for employees. With the CISS attached I didn't have to refill any ink for a year and a half. So that means it only cost $35 in ink. Now that's a great deal.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

"Got it free...you get what you pay for..."

robertfdoyle, CNET
17 September 2011
  • Pros: Photo printing was decent
  • Cons: Ran through ink like crazy...wouldn't let you print B&W if color ink ran out...wonky seemingly all the time...
  • Read full review
Overall 6
6.0

Excellent quality low durability

threshold22, epinions.com
27 August 2011
  • Summary: Maybe I just had the 5% of the printers failure. Chances is that you may have the 95% of it.
  • Pros: Excellent picture quality with CD printing feature.
  • Cons: The motor is directly where the ink might leak.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

"Good printer, lasted a long time"

dr_gonzo69, CNET
22 July 2011
  • Pros: Prints CDs/DVDs very well. 77 long life ink cartridges are much better than the 78s. Finally quit printing on CD/DVD altogether, probably gummed up inside with too much ink. Had it for two or three years, fairly heavily used. Yes, the print quality gets b
  • Cons: Fairly slow, loud, too frequently goes into "christmas tree mode" (all the front panel LEDs flash) when printing CDs/DVDs and sometimes have to power cycle it to clear those. Print heads gum up too often, resulting in streaky printing.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

So Bad

Denise K "Denise", Amazon
28 June 2011
  • Summary: I write reviews on the biggest curve, if I give a bad review, its because its REALLY bad - usually I just keep my mouth shut. This printer is awful. I have to do a nozzle cleaning every time I print. I've wasted so many printable dvds over printing, seeing lines or weird coloration, I'll clean the nozzle which wastes a ton of ink and then I'll print with no lines but really, no saturation or contrast.... the printer is awful even when it's doing a good job.
  • Read full review
Overall 1
1.0

"This printer is a Diaster!"

hollo005, CNET
24 June 2011
  • Pros: Came free with the purchase of a Mac computer.
  • Cons: Would not run on a Mac at all. Changed it over to a PC and the ink ran dry in less than a week.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

It exceeds my expectation

jox62, Ebay
4 April 2011
  • Summary: This printer exceeds my expectation because it does not only print, documents, photos and CD's but it can also print PVC ID's (PVC ID tray can be bought separately). I use this printer to print pocket calendar on PVC ID. I love the printing result because the color is crisp, vivid and real. Besides that it prints so fast. What attracts me to buy this printer is the low price but still it works the same as other expensive printer.
  • Read full review
  • See Product at eBay ($249.99)
Overall 10
10

Epson Stylus Photo R280 Digital Photo Inkjet Printer

fabricandmore, Ebay
2 February 2011
  • Summary: This is a great photo quality printer- I use only for photo and have a laser printer for documents. No bells and whistles on this (scanner/fax,wireless etc.) printer, but it does amazing photos. - This is an upgrade to the R260 I had before- the drawback is that the printer stops working after a time as it has an automatic shut off after a certain amount of cleanings of the heads. It cant be started without a manufacturers restart using software.
  • Read full review
  • See Product at eBay ($249.99)
Next page >>