Conclusion: If you’re a frequent user of Adobe Photoshop Touch for tablets, the phone-only edition is worth another five bucks – it’s perfect for getting wherever inspiration strikes or making a quick fix while on the go. For everyone else, the smaller display limits what you can do with it, especially when you have to pay extra in the first place.
Pros: Offers complete functionality from iPad version. Automatic Creative Cloud sync. Image editing up to 12 megapixels in size.
Cons: Requires separate purchase for iPad users. Smaller display limits creative potential. Still no layered PSD import from desktop. Requires recent iPhone or iPod touch.
Conclusion: Audition 2.0 has been lavished with attention from top to bottom, from recording and editing to mixing and mastering. There are some stellar new features, such as the Multitrack Compressor, the Mastering Rack and the Scrub tool. Several existing features received thorough makeovers, such as the superb new automation functionality. The Spectral analysis toolset, which already had a breadth and range unmatched by any other DAW program, was expanded even further.
Conclusion: Adobe has addressed the deficits that held back its consumer video editor (such as the lack of AVCHD support). Those improvements, plus new time-saving features and online backup, make Premiere Elements 7 a shoo-in for our Editors' Choice award.
Pros: Smart Tagging. Supports 99 tracks. InstantMovie creation. Great chroma-key functionality. Updated content from the Web (for a fee). Easy access to online backup.
Cons: Not the most intuitive editor. SmartSound integration is anemic. Limited DVD authoring configurability.
Excerpt: When Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 entered the market less than a year ago, the program quickly became our favorite for managing a large library of digital images. So we're not surprised that the new version, Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0, is a winner as well. But although there are some handy new features, this version is not the most compelling upgrade for current Photoshop Album users. The interface of this new edition, for example, looks the same as the old one.
Excerpt: The Good Sleek, intuitive interface. Good basic editing. Free online storage The Bad No photo resizing. If you search Apple's App Store, you'll find over 75 pages of photography-related programs. To be honest roughly 20% of those don't really have anything to do with photography, such as BabyBuilder Lite or 100 Hot Women. Of the remaining 80% about half of them are apps actually designed for editing photos and they range in price from free to $19.99.
Pros: Sleek, intuitive interface. Good basic editing. Free online storage