Summary: this came when we bought a new house. worked great for around 2 years. on the 3rd year started giving some buzzing sound and eventually something popped inside and smelled some wire burning. it went kaput. Totally not worth it.
Summary: Purchased this from a reputable appliance store- very nice looks- but that about it... only lasted 2 years when the cooling fan went. It is apparent when vented to the outside in cold climates the design engineers did not take this into consideration. When I called Whirlpool customer support to have them address the cold climate operation(mid atlantic states), they simply said I had to call a service provider. Service provider installed new fan-lasted one winter.
Summary: We have owned this microwave for four years now and this "would be" our fourth service call. Almost every part in it has been replaced and still NOT working right (LEMON)! All Whirlpool offered us was discounted parts but not worth the hassle/cost/time invested. After all the inadequate customer service and the poor quality of their appliances we will never entrust in Whirlpool again. SAVE THE HASSLE & AVOID!!!!
Summary: This is the best microwave I've had. Owned it for five years now. It cooks very evenly. It works well at lower settings and the Accuwave is continuous power unlike cheaper microwaves that cycle on and off for lower settings. Does great softening, melting, potatoes and general cooking. Turntable works well and it is easy to clean. It could be more durable as I have replaces a couple of plastic parts. The vent hood is not very effective and has a noisy fan.
Summary: We also purchased this microwave as part of our new home constructed in 2008. It has worked well up until yesterday when it decided to die completely. No display panel. No lights. Dead. Called Whirlpool and it will cost $129 for a service call plus the cost of parts. While doing some research online, I have found a comparable Samsung microwave (with good reviews) for $251 brand new. Avoid this microwave if you can!
Summary: This microwave was an option when we had our house built in 2008. We loved using it, as it's very powerful and gets the job done. Just last night, though, it was suddenly not heating on the highest setting. After trying the medium settings, it decided to blow out the magnetron entirely. Big flash and lots of smoke. Only 2 years old and a complete failure. Where's the reliability these days? Especially on a device as expensive as this one.