Summary: We have had our Sharpe over the counter for more than 6 years and the latch just gave way today. This unit has survived young children and the occasional cranky parent. In 6 years it has never blown a fuse or presented any other temperamental issues.
Summary: This microwave died just 14 months after we installed it during a kitchen renovation. It just up and made a sizzling noise one day, and acrid black smoke came out, and then it was totally DEAD. No, I did not microwave anything inappropriate, and yes my house could've burned down!