Summary: My husband got his first microwave, a Panasonic, as a gift in 1987. It is the microwave that had been in his bachelor pad, joined our household after we married and survived two kids into their teen years. It had the door repaired once and the magnetron replaced once, but otherwise it worked perfectly until last month when it finally gave up the ghost. After 27 years of owning a Panasonic, it was the only option for us. I couldn't be happier with our decision.
Summary: After less than six months of use by two older adults, this microwave has developed a control panel problem. The numeric key pad has developed bubbles in its covering and now has started to crack. This is totally unacceptable. It has not been abused and is not overly used. This clearly is a design and materials flaw which never should have been put on the market. Our last microwave was a Panasonic and it lasted several years.