www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Magic-chef-mco160ub.32739165
7.6 out of 10

Magic Chef MCO160UB

About Us Customer Service Service Center Part Order Pr Read more

Best Price at Amazon

Reviews and Problems with Magic Chef MCO160UB

Showing 1-8 of 8
Overall 4
4.0
Design 8
8.0
Ease of use 8
8.0
Performance 4
4.0
Durability 8
8.0

Noisiest microwave ever

CSMaddox, Viewpoints
29 November 2012
  • Excerpt: My microwave is actually model MCO160UW, but this is the closest one I could find to put my review. I don't have problems with the way this microwave heats up food. But this is the NOISIEST microwave I have ever used. While it is running you cannot talk on the phone or watch TV.
  • Read full review
Overall 6
6.0

Great microwave for my needs

dashsmom, Viewpoints
23 November 2010
  • Excerpt: I had to get a new microwave after an embarrasing "I-burned-some-rice-and-almost-the-whole-kitchen-down" moment. My old microwave permanently smelled like burnt rice and melted plastic-it was awful! My in-laws purchased us this microwave and it has worked great! We wanted something black, that cooked food, and this is both! To be honest, we don't use it for much other than reheating leftovers and popping popcorn, but it works great.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Really great microwave!

camcomets02, Viewpoints
1 October 2010
  • Excerpt: My husband purchased this microwave back in June when we moved into our house and it has really served us well. The only thing that is kind of annoying about the microwave is that when you press the start button it doesn't start up right away, it pauses and then all of a sudden it starts up after that. It always makes me think it is not working, when in reality it is. I guess it is just the way it is made. Kind of odd. The clean up seems like it will be easy.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Dangerous Product

q-maximus "q-maximus", Amazon
27 February 2010
  • Summary: I bought this microwave because it was inexpensive and I needed it to reheat food, and pop popcorn. After a little over a year it started to turn on by itself. The good news is that it started doing this while I was in the kitchen. Don't know what would have happened if no one would have been there. I'll leave that to the UL people who approved this thing. Avoid this thing - I'm throwing it away and spending more for a non-Magic Chef product.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Worked ok for a year

R. Johnson, Amazon
18 January 2010
  • Summary: This microwave was working fine for a whole year, but then it just turned off. And, I mean, nothing on it worked. The light inside went out, the display went blank. We had this problem with our first one, of the exact same model, so returned it to Home Depot, and they were great about exchanging it. It's been about a year, and we're starting to have the problem again. Magic Chef doesn't really care.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Magic Chef MCO160UB microwave junk

Gregory Hill, Amazon
28 September 2009
  • Summary: I bought the Magic Chef MCO160UB over the range microwave about a year ago. I've had intermittent problems with it going off while cooking for no reason. After it would set a few minutes it would power back up and work ok. Today it just came on by itself and I could not stop it by using any of the buttons on the control panel. I stopped it by opening the door. When I shut the door it would sit idle for about 30 seconds then start on its own again.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Not worth the money

CityGirl705, Amazon
15 August 2009
  • Summary: I purchased this microwave a little over a year ago based mostly on the low price as my home was on the market and my original microwave had died. It is the noisiest microwave I've ever heard but I've been living with it. A few days ago I put a cup of tea in to reheat it and pressed the One Minute button, and the whole panel went dark. The only troubleshooting help in the owner's manual was to check the fuse box, and the fuse was not tripped.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Junk

T. Anderson, Amazon
1 August 2009
  • Summary: Do not buy this. In less than a year old it started going on by itself! We had to unplug it for fear of fire. Now the touch pad has gone completley out. Can't do anything with it. Garbage!
  • Read full review