I created one using windows media player 11, but when I dragged the playlist into the player, it wasn't recognized, so I'm wondering, how is the way one creates a playlist for this player.
Here's how to create a playlist on the NWZ-E436F Digital Media Player:
1. Make sure Windows is up and running on your PC.
2. Using the cable provided with your Player, connect it to any available USB port.
3. On the PC, run Windows Explorer. Make sure "Connected USB" shows in the Player readout.
4. In the left-hand panel of the Explorer, open 'My Computer\WALKMAN\Storage Media\MUSIC'.
5. In the right-hand panel, select the file(s) and/or folder(s) containing the music you wish to include in the playlist.
6. Right-click on any one of the objects you've selected and left-click on "Create Playlist".
7. In the new icon which appears near the bottom of the right-hand panel, enter the desired name of your playlist. If necessary, right-click on the icon, left-click on "Rename" then enter your playlist name.
8. Open the new playlist. You should see a list of the file(s) you selected in step 5, plus the contents of any folder(s) you selected, including the contents of any subfolder(s).
9. To change the running order, use the green arrow buttons at the foot of the playlist window to move selected items up or down the list; you may also use the red "X" button to remove selected items.
10. To add music to the playlist, drag-and-drop any file or folder in the right-hand Explorer panel to the playlist window.
11. When you are finished editing, exit the playlist by clicking "OK".
Your playlist will be available for use through the "Playlist" option in the main menu of your Player.
To compose a playlist, just browse Flash Audio Player Tutorial. the necessary files and open them or add URL of stream online radio.
You can check it online or the user's guide for help.