Excerpt: Well Samsung has done it again! Their innovativeness with designs, and ability to keep their products sleek and sexy never fails to surprise me. The Samsung YP-T9 MP3 player, or rather, personal media player is no exception. Design This chic, light weight player is an amazing looker. It’s a mere 3.3 x 0.4 x 1.7 inches and weighs not more than a measly 1.7 ounces. It’s a marvelously tiny player that could be held in the palm of your hand, and no one would know.
Excerpt: The Samsung YP-T9 was announced on November 30, 2006, together with the YP-K5 that was reviewed last week. From design to specifications, the YP-T9 is clearly different from the YP-K5. Probably the most notable differences are the lack of a built-in speaker, the TFT LCD solution instead of the OLED found in the K5 and the presence of Bluetooth.
Samsung YP-T9 Slim Portable 4GB Multimedia Player Review
21 November 2007
Excerpt: I sometimes wonder what MP3 manufacturers have in mind when they decide to compete in this market. With 80% of the customer base dominated by Steve Jobs’s iEmpire, how is it worthwhile to compete for the remaining 20%? Or do they have dreams of one day overthrowing the reining king of digital portable media?
Conclusion: After creating easy-to-operate controls and an intuitive graphical user interface, it is a pity that the exclusion of dedicated volume and control buttons significantly hamper the simplicity of using the T9. Not many aspects can easily be dismissed as an extra or gimmick feature. If you are after a customizable player which performs competently on more than just the standard tasks, the T9 won’t disappoint.
Pros: Intuitive GUI, Considerably customizable GUI, 9-Band User Equalizer, Generous feature set, Bright screen, Comfortable form
Cons: Absence of dedicated volume buttons, DNSe Sound Enchancement, Proprietary video format, On-the-go playlists only operate through the File Browser, No gapless playback
Conclusion: This is one of the few gadgets we’ve seen that have truly lived up to the marketing hype. In fact, this player hasn’t been hyped enough. It is arguably the best MP3 player on the market today. We found no significant faults, and were delighted and surprised by the extreme depth of the user experience. If you want a simple player that just plays your tunes, the T9 delivers. If you want a level of customization not seen in most portable players, the T9 also delivers.
Pros: Small size; large and bright screen; video/picture/text/music playback