www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Apple-tv-md199.33761574
9.5 out of 10

Apple TV 3rd-gen / MD199

Best Price at Amazon

Reviews and Problems with Apple TV 3rd-gen / MD199

Showing 1-10 of 27
Overall 4
4.0

User Review

codeduffer, gdgt
19 April 2014
  • Excerpt: It's great when it works which is less and less. The buttons on the remote stop working randomly (yes the battery is fine). This is remedied sometimes by a reset and sometimes I've also tried upgrading to the latest firmware. Either technique helps but not for long.The buttons all work for...
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Limited with Netflix

Casey, B&H Photo
6 November 2012
  • Excerpt: Use with Netflix is limited. If internet is interrupted, then you cannot access service. Also, product stops working completely after 1 year. Imperative to get Apple care or product is useless. Customer care is rude.
  • Pros: none
  • Cons: Does Not Improve Audio/Video , Poor Design, Useless After 1 Year
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Passable

The watcher of the world...., Amazon
15 May 2014
  • Summary: Good options, yet it dumps a Macbook after around an hour of watching, sometimes refusing to reconnect. Little about it in the forums online, but others suffer same problems. Not impressed. I also had major delivery problems, as Hermes dont deliver to us - this anger had to be allowed to subside before I wrote the review which I feel is fairly accurate. Dont expect free TV - many of the options are subscription, and it is not a Freesat substitute.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Unreliable

Alan, FutureShop
25 March 2014
  • Summary: My Apple TV works well about 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time, it's subject to problems like frequently cutting out, or taking 10-15 minutes before it starts to play an HD or even an SD video. Even when a video does play, it can occasionally go through very long pauses. I replaced my router in the hope that this would make a difference, and I still have problems.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

roku better

thomas, FutureShop
27 February 2014
  • Summary: I found the Roku stick better.You cant do much with apple unless you want to spend more money.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Returned...

Dana, FutureShop
27 February 2014
  • Summary: Easy to set up but once set up it would start to play something from Netflix then freeze but the audio still played. Wouldn't play iTunes...just a constant spinning wheel. Apple couldn't help and of course they instantly blamed my router.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

freezes

Sandy, FutureShop
17 January 2014
  • Summary: I have 4 apple tv's and this seems to be the only one that freezes ... the picture will freeze on screen but you can still hear the audio. I have to reboot to get it working properly. This has happened about 6 different times. If it happens once more, I'm returning it.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Apple TV 3rd Generation

Sandy, FutureShop
3 January 2014
  • Summary: Not impressed. Picture often freezes but sound continues. Strange. I have to reboot.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

limited options

Al, FutureShop
17 December 2013
  • Summary: Pros: good picture quality works with mac network seamlessly Cons: very limited options in comparison to its competitors almost all of them are paid option no possibility to use browsers to see free internet contents
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Relies Heavily on iTunes

stober, FutureShop
30 June 2013
  • Summary: Pros: Price, 5ghz, solid hardware, good netflix interface Cons: No network media shares If you have a huge collection of network media that you want to access with this device; forget about it. The device relies on iTunes Homeshare, possibly one of the stupidest methods of sharing media across a LAN. If you dont already have iTunes setup or use any apple devices you are going to hate itunes as a media library manager.
  • Read full review
Next page >>