Summary: This has become my always on the OMD EM5 lens. It is fast, sharp and the perfect size. I don't use my awesome primes as much since this so so good. I have the Nikon Nano 24-70 2.8 on my D800 and as you all know, it weighs a ton. This lens with this camera is hard to beat. It is tack sharp and until the Oly version comes out next month it is THE lens to have. Keep in mind that the OLy will be a bigger lens, but less expensive.
Kenneth J. Connolly "Master now the student", Amazon
13 September 2013
Summary: just got this baby and very impressed. Smooth zoom, great color and will probably use as my street lens. I have a panny 20mm as well as an oly 45mm and this new lens makes me forget my primes. Have a epl-1 also and the 12-35mm works well with it. I know its a lot for a lens but good glass isn't cheap. Not sorry I went for the $!!!!!!!
Summary: I have had this lens for 6 months now and absolutely love it. I am using it with the Panasonic GH3 and have tested it on the Olympus EPL5 as well. This lens really replaced three prime lenses for me - The Olympus 12mm, Panny 20mm and Panny 25mm. If you prefer shooting with zoom lenses then you will not regret this purchase. I enjoy not having to switch lenses all the time now. This lens is on my GH3 around 60% of the time. With the 35-100mm taking up the other 40%.
Summary: You can get a standard micro 4/3rds lens for a lot less but this one brings you up to the Canon L lens class. Maybe not that good but pretty darn good and after I have experienced it a bit more I might like it even better. Sharp, very sharp and the f2.8 at 35mm (70 effective) is a very good portrait "taker".
Summary: Just received this and my initial take is: Lens is light but heavy compared to other Lumix lenses, definitely higher quality materials in this make it feel beefier. Expensive, wish it was more affordable. Can't wait to take it out for a spin!
Yet another 5 star rating: Simply spectacular! Buy it NOW!
Uncle J, Amazon
25 June 2013
Summary: I don't often give 5 starts to a product, lately I've become very critical of the photo gear I spend my money on, but this one truly deserves the 5 stars! I got into the micro43 system recently, and quickly fell in love with it. I come from having a FF Canon 5Dmk3 with an array of lenses, but a need to simplify and compact the size of my bag for traveling with a baby made me look at mirror-less as an option.
Summary: I'm not reviewing the product because the rest of the 43 reviews is about the lens and you all know that it's a wonderful all around lens that you must have! But I wanted to review the service. I emailed them with questions about the product and they quickly emailed me back. I mentioned I need the lens ASAP and I got it for 3 business days. I ordered thursday night and I got it monday morning. Very satisfied!