Summary: Great sound for such a small speaker. Cool design. I have to upgrade my wireless router. I'm using a linksys g. I need to upgrade to a n for the speakers to catch the wireless signal from the other room.
Great sound, but technical problems. Doesn't worth its price tag.
Artem Dergunov, Amazon
28 February 2012
Summary: Pros: great Hi-End sound. I was pretty amazed by the quality and clarity of the sound. Cons: airplay feature is very unreliable, not ready for usage. Philips refuses to recognize the problems and act on them. For example the speakers randomly become unavailable for airplay streaming, although it remains on and available in airplay menu of iPad. If I try to send the streaming signal to the speakers the playback just stops.
Summary: So I was trying to hold out on getting these until they were on sale again, but I finally broke down and put them in my home office. If I'm going to work 12 hour days I might as well have good music to listen to. Here are my thoughts. 1. Bigger than expected (good). 2. They look great. 3. They sound great. 4.
Summary: Here was my situation - I moved and didn't feel like putting in the effort to wiring the entire house for speakers, amp, IR control, etc... And the cost to do all that can be hundreds. So I set out trying to get an AirPlay speaker even if it was to hold us over for a year. Well two months of trying different units I ended up here. And before the first song was done playing I was hooked.
Summary: These Speakers are simply fantastic. Audiophiles with undoubtable find something to criticize, but for their size and price these speakers really have remarkable presence and dynamic range. I have them in a large living room and they are just excellent. Setting them up was much easier that I thought using Airplay. I have a sync button on my router which speeds up the process quite a bit. 1. Hit the sync button on router 2. Hit sync button on speaker. 3.
Summary: i didnt buy from Amazon but thought i might share my experience with these speakers. They look and sound great, quite easy to setup with wifi. The 1st set i had worked perfectly for 11 months then the power failed, just wouldnt switch on, i sent them back to my retailer who said they couldnt repair them so sent me a shiny brand new set.
Summary: Very impressed by the sound. Great clarity and bass. Airplay is so, so. 80% of the time it seems to hold the connection but the other 20% get multiple drops which can be annoying. Aesthetically they look great but the biggest issue with these is the internal build quality. After 10 months they packed in on me. The blinking red light of death. Unable to reset or get any sound to play from them. Even if you connect via the 3.5 mil lead. Nothing.
These speakers are the jam, but need decent audio source to shine
16 June 2013
Summary: I have had these speakers for quite some time now. I had them hooked up via a standard audio output from my 27" iMac. At first they had a very dark, non lively sound and they lacked excitement. I tried different settings but wasn't too happy especially having Canton reference speakers sitting in my living room (ok 10x the price to be fair and not a real comparison). However I thought I try something different.
Pros: great design, sound is amazing, good price
Cons: input requires high quality sources, philips ios app useless airplay not as stable, slow to boot up annoying peep sound