Summary: Originally published on June 16, 2013
Note: this review is an exact cross-post from post #1 of this thread on Head-Fi, which contains some user discussion on the review that may be relevant to read: http://www.head-fi.org/t/668277/review-v-moda-m-100
(click for larger pic)
- download a printable 4-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices)
I first heard V-MODA's M-100 at CanJam@RMAF 2012 (in October),...
Pros: Durable & fold-able, full mid-range, lots of bass
Cons: Uncomfortable, lack of treble & clarity, too much bass?
Summary: After picking up these headphones, I soon returned them. This is why.
1. They get HOT. Due to the memory foam, my ears were sweating under these.
2. They leak more sound out than in.
3. The reduced treble left some parts of songs lacking - cutting out vocals almost entirely at some points.
4. V-Moda's apparent refusal to accept returns of their headphones from sellers aside from themselves - even when they advertise the return policy on the seller's website.
Summary: First things first, great headphones, never had better! I thought beats were good but these...are incredibly! The sound is well balanced and it sounds great with musical instruments, and great with bass heavy music too! A rare blend! Now the not so good stuff...amazon you cheeky, money grabbing nitwits!