www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Garmin-etrex-venture-hc.5674592
5.4 out of 10

Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Garmin's eTrex Venture HC handheld GPS unit is an essential piec Read more

Best Price at Amazon

Reviews and Problems with Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Showing 1-10 of 121
Overall 10
10

EXCELLENT GPS!

Danielle Nicole, Amazon
20 January 2015
  • Summary: I bought one of these in July 2011 and still have and use it in January 2015. When I saw the two not-so-good reviews I decided that I needed to do a review for this product. As you can see I have had mine for a long time. It is easy to use, and has NEVER failed me. Wouldn't trade it for anything else at this point. I highly recommend this product!
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

I have used this guy in saltwater for 2 yrs ...

T. Jason Willett, Amazon
9 December 2014
  • Summary: I have used this guy in saltwater for 2 yrs to take me to all of my holes up to 30mi off-shore. It stay in the boat all the time and hasn't let me down. It's smacked the deck hard in heavy seas and never fails!
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

A great way to get into geocaching and personal navigation

librarymonkey27, Ebay
10 March 2013
  • Summary: For the price I paid on Ebay, I thought it was a good deal. The ease of use ... well simple things work out well, but it has taken me some research and more than the Garmin Manual to figure out things like importing way points. All that said, it is a great way to get started with handhelds, I am learning the hobby of Geocaching, as well as recording my outdoor travels and it has been great for that
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

The BEST Handheld GPS Unit on the market for GEOCACHING or Weekend Hikes

rickeylee48, Ebay
9 November 2012
  • Summary: Simply THE BEST handheld GPS on the market for the money. Inexpensive, easy to use. The most widely used GPS unit for GEOCACHING. As a result geocaching downloads from GEOCACH.com are compatible. It has 24K of onboard memory (not expandable) but enough to download 5 or 6 detailed local USGS topological maps. Battery life about 18 to 19 hours. You'll want to get alkaline AA batteries and a charger.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

User Review

gortis1, Walmart
26 December 2011
  • Summary: I use the Garmin eTrex Venture HC GPS Receiver for hunting. One public lands such as Bodcau in North Louisiana. After finding scrapes I am able to go back to the same spot even before daylight to hunt that area. It takes the guess work out knowing exactly where I am in the woods especially on cloudy or rainy days.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

User Review

gortis1, Walmart
26 December 2011
  • Summary: I use the Garmin eTrex Venture HC GPS Receiver for hunting. One public lands such as Bodcau in North Louisiana. After finding scrapes I am able to go back to the same spot even before daylight to hunt that area. It takes the guess work out knowing exactly where I am in the woods especially on cloudy or rainy days.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

GREAT BUY.

jcam2268, Ebay
3 October 2011
  • Summary: This my first use of a GPS device while hunting, IT WAS EASY TO USE AND AWESOME TO FIND LOCATIONS IN THE DARK EARLY MORNING.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Love it!

K. Waterman, Amazon
4 June 2011
  • Summary: I use this out on the water for long-distance paddles (That's prone paddling, of course). Its included accessory clip works nicely with my Coastal Eddie water bottle and accessory holder. I don't do anything fancy with it but it's a great tool and the customizable display gives me everything I need with trip time, odometer, heading, speed, compass (either true or magnetic north), etc. It tracks perfectly and the display is very clear. Have had no problems.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10
Value for money 10
10

User Review

awlynn, Walmart
7 March 2011
  • Summary: For everyone that had something critical to say such as no SD slot I found a bigger number of reviews placing it at the top. I spent three weeks online reading about these and wondering if I should spend more. I am glad I purchased the Venture HC. It is probably what 75% of the GPS purchases should be. The other 25% must be very much tech happy to need more than this offers. I have not a single wish or regret.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10
Value for money 10
10

User Review

awlynn, Walmart
7 March 2011
  • Summary: For everyone that had something critical to say such as no SD slot I found a bigger number of reviews placing it at the top. I spent three weeks online reading about these and wondering if I should spend more. I am glad I purchased the Venture HC. It is probably what 75% of the GPS purchases should be. The other 25% must be very much tech happy to need more than this offers. I have not a single wish or regret.
  • Read full review
Next page >>