www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Cisco SA 540
7.1 out of 10

Cisco SA 540

Great Deal: $874.48

Reviews and Problems with Cisco SA 540

Showing 1-10 of 17
Overall 8
8.0

Cisco Security Appliance

Ryan Diehl, Amazon
25 October 2011
  • Summary: It was tricky to get this to work with our network that was built on a shoestring, but after a couple support calls to Cisco and bringing in a specialist, it works just fine. It seems that Cisco doesn't offer the support for this type of product until you start spending lots and lots of money.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Home business

MTEK, Amazon
24 October 2011
  • Summary: This firewall router is great! Very user friendly to setup. You don't need to be Cisco cert'd (CCNA) to figure it out, the GUI interface offers the ease of setup. But it would not be for the faint of beginners you still need to have a bit of technical knowledge.
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Flakier than it should be

DeWayne Mangan, Amazon
24 October 2011
  • Summary: 80% of the time this router works fine. It's the other 20% of the time that drives me nuts The wireless isn't as powerful as I had hoped it would be, and the admin interface is a bit tedious/sluggish to use. Still, the VPN/SSL features work nicely with other Cisco devices or Linux firewalls.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Extremely Slow and Inefficient

Arash Mosharraf, Amazon
24 October 2011
  • Summary: I totally agree with other customers regarding the unresponsiveness of this machine. I bought this to replace my NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS336G and to utilize the protectolink features. However, from the get go I noticed the router is very slow.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Great router

Associates account, Amazon
24 October 2011
  • Summary: Whatever you want to control, this router gives you the means. I've had it now in use for several years and has given good service.
  • Read full review
Overall 8
8.0

Verisign VIP One-Time-Password Support on the Cisco SA-500 Series Appliances

D. Calloway, Amazon
22 October 2011
  • Summary: We purchased a pair of these security appliances to control VPN access to our main company HQ and a remote office. One of the big attractions of using this device over the IOS-based firewall included in our standard Cisco router is that the security appliance supports Verisign's VIP (Verisign...
  • Read full review
Overall 4
4.0

Unstable and Unresponsive

G. Delgado, Amazon
9 September 2011
  • Summary: Had these in two offices (West Coast/NYC) for a little over a week. The firmware is highly unstable, even after being upgraded to the latest version from Cisco. These were installed by a highly-rated Cisco partner firm for our offices, and after trying to get the most basic features to stick we've...
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Save yourself the trouble....

European Motor Werke, Amazon
26 August 2011
  • Summary: Save yourself the trouble and skip the Cisco SA520W as a potential IT product. In my opinion, this device is highly unstable, and after 6 months of using this product, it is still not working optimal.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Easy setup no problems

Steven Hargrove, Amazon
21 August 2011
  • Summary: Firewall is easy to manage. I'm using it for a VPN tunnel as well. Great product for your small business needs.
  • Read full review
Overall 6
6.0

Good for the single small business office

JoeD, Amazon
16 August 2011
  • Summary: I have been an IT consultant for over 12 years. I have installed and maintainted easily over 1000 firewalls over the years. The market for a good small business firewall is not very good.
  • Read full review
Next page >>