www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Verbatim-usb2-0-2tb.32808669
7.4 out of 10

Verbatim USB2.0 2TB

Best Price at Amazon

Reviews and Problems with Verbatim USB2.0 2TB

Showing 1-10 of 21
Overall 2
2.0

"Failed within 4-1/2 months of light use"

arlene-w, CNET
21 April 2011
  • Pros: Slow transfer speeds; power on/off button is flaky
  • Cons: The drive failed within 4-1/2months; I used it no more than 4 or 5 times to backup/retrieve files. It is very slow and the USB cable is extremely short and thin. When I called Verbatim in NC, I am responsible for the shipping costs to send it back for the
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Utterly Unreliable

Monster9, Amazon
16 July 2012
  • Summary: Received the product today. Plugged it into my laptop using it's default BIG setting - all ok. Followed the instructions to convert to RAID1 - drive is not recognised by my laptop, nor does it appear as "unknown device" as described in the manual (similar experience to another reviewer here). Footered for ages. Got nowhere. Ejected the device, powered it off, reset it back to the BIG setting and plugged back into laptop - drive is not recognised by my laptop.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Just bad quality incorrectly pakaged.

Mrs. J. Walker, Amazon
20 December 2011
  • Summary: I was quite suprised when I came across this drive for £84 at another supplier. Looked a bargain, but perhaps not. First thoughts were that the cables are not long enough to use, and the plug is the wrong way up, so you have no chance of plugging it into a block of 4 sockets, it just won't fit. If the USB cable was half an inch shorter, I would have to sit the thing on the floor.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Don't touch it with a bargepole

Radiobirdman, Amazon
7 April 2011
  • Summary: The on/off switch didn't always work as it should and this got worse over time. After I had loaded about 200GB of films on to the hard drive over a period of about five months it started to play up in an alarming way. I kept receiving a variety of error and malfunction messages, including "Device driver software was not successfully installed" and "Do you want to scan and fix" and "USB device not recognised" and "You need to format the disc before you can use it".
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Compatibility

Mick, Amazon
7 January 2011
  • Summary: I have yet to get the drive to work after several months of trying. None of my various computers recognise it. The Verbatim instructions are not helpful and I am waiting for my computer geek to try to sort it out for me!
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Lost Everything

Hutchy, Amazon
21 December 2010
  • Summary: Considering this drive was purchased with the intention of using it as a backup drive, I'm extremely annoyed that its lasted for 3 month. It now just clicks after trying to spool up, Ive tried all safe recovery methods to no avail. I've lost 2TB of backup - luckily 75% of that data was stored on my internal drives on my desktop PC. I am however annoyed that the other 25% is gone forever. It could have been worse.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Watc Out

Hannahjo "themestra", Amazon
11 October 2010
  • Summary: Bought this product, plugged it in and everything was ok. A few days later the HDD was nudged and it stopped working. A catastrophic error had occured! SO be very, very careful with this product and keep it away from feathers and angel breath!!
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Verbatim 2 Disk Raid External Hard Drive

bird photographer, Amazon
29 August 2010
  • Summary: Having great hopes that I may safely and securely store a huge number of retouched photographic images as large files on this drive I commenced to retouch a few thousand taking months of laborious work. I then spent a month more uploading them to a commercial website direct from the raid drive. It was only when viewing the website that I found almost 80% of the files corrupted.
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

File writing failed

Dithers, Amazon
15 July 2010
  • Summary: Reformatted to Mac OS (Journaled) and partitioned in two. One partition worked but unable to write to the second partition. Ran disk utility repair routines prior to reformatting (again) and just got repeated failures. Going back!
  • Read full review
Overall 2
2.0

Dead on arrival

Matt McGrath, Amazon
15 May 2009
  • Summary: Would not mount reliably on a Mac. Tried to run disk utility repair routines prior to reformatting and just got repeated failures. Going back!
  • Read full review
Next page >>