Excerpt: This camera is a beast with great ergonomics, splendid image quality and informative evf. I would challenge anyone shooting a pro style dslr for portraiture to give this a test drive. I'm confident that you will love it.
Summary: This is my baby. I had the A55 before this, and I decided it was time to upgrade to a full frame. I am an AVID Sony user since 2008, and they have yet to disappoint me. Pair this with the Zeiss 24-70 or the 50mm 1.4 prime and you are GOLDEN. SUPER user friendly, and haven't had ANY issues with it.
The Sony A99: Move Over Cold Dog. A Hot Dog Is Moving In
N. Wilson, Amazon
21 April 2015
Summary: A superb, impressive product. Sony has done it again. But be aware that the Sony A99 is not for the beginner photographer. It is a complex and sophisticated professional class instrument which demands a significant investment of time and effort in order to learn to use effectively.
Summary: The decision to buy a Sony FULL-FRAME camera took quite a while but I am SO glad I finally did it. I have 4 other Sonly Alpha DSLR cameras and they are awesome. This one, however, is now the very best camera I own. The photos I take with it are stunning, without question.
Summary: This was a gift to myself.Always wanted to do photography for a living and this is my foot in the door.I read and then re-read anything and everything i could find on the Nikon D800,Canon 5D MarkIII and this the Sony A99.After reading ALL the reviews and handling each camera the Sony was the clear...
Summary: Truly the best in its class. Took over 300 pictures on my daughter's birthday party (indoors) and 99% of the pictures came out sharp and in focus. The remaining 1% is...well...kids run around a lot.
Summary: So first things first. the A99 is a insanely stellar upgrade from my previous camera the Sony A37. a minor gripe is the AF sensors are clumped all in the center but there is a reason for this i am sure and i can compensate for its placement.
Summary: Excellent camera. It is fast, excellent quality, takes great photos and can perform for any type of photography you might require. It can be as advanced and involving or simple point and shoot, which ever you prefer.