www.testfreaks.com

Reviews, reviews, reviews...

Pentax-mx-1.33742591
8.6 out of 10

Pentax MX-1

Classically crafted with genuine brass covers and metal accent Read more

Great Deal: $279.00

Reviews and Problems with Pentax MX-1

Showing 1-10 of 84
Overall 10
10

great little compact

mark vogt, Amazon
30 June 2014
  • Summary: it doesn't replace my dslr but what an awesome little camera .. good images, only thing missing is the viewfinder
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

The most satisfied camera in Japan

shoonsk8 "shoonsk8", Amazon
26 June 2014
  • Summary: This camera has been the most satisfied camera in Japan but in USA it was not. Therefore price in USA was less expensive than one in Japan. Of course not limited to certain price range. Among all the price range this camera is the best or second. The first place or other top rated camera can be thousand dollar range or tat least twice as much as this camera. Anyway, thanks to the lower rating in USA, I was able to purchase at very low price.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Great performer

Dojax, Amazon
22 June 2014
  • Summary: Looked at several cameras to replace my recently dead pocket camera. For the features and price the MX-1 is hard to beat. Even if it is being discontinued. The image quality has been outstanding for a smaller sensor camera. In some ways its as good or better than my older DSLR. Jpgs with Raw shooting option is great. And the HD movie mode while kind of basic still works pretty well. Lots of options and modes. The tilting LCD helps with some shots or lighting situations.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Love at first sight.

mildred, Amazon
16 June 2014
  • Summary: It has a fast f1.8 aperture, I could have ended the review here. Picture quality is very good as long as you know that you bought a point and shoot camera. This is a perfect companion for my Mirrorless camera. No fiddling with the menu needed, just point and shoot. A real beauty!
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

WOW

C Townsend, Amazon
28 May 2014
  • Summary: I bought this camera earlier this month as a graduation present for my fiance, and she absolutely loves it. She used to have a Ricoh GX100 that she was very fond of and she feels that this camera is better. We also have a couple other point and shoot cameras around the house that were in the $150-$200 price range, and this camera blows them away. All the pictures we've taken have turned out very good, macro pictures in particular look great.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

What a steal!

Sophia T, Amazon
19 May 2014
  • Summary: At this price, it is simply the best P&S you can get. Others have mentioned about the AWB issue. And I agree that if you change the setting from bright to natural, it solved 80% of the problem. The other 20% is just personal preference nothing that can't be fixed with a quick PS adjustment. Other than the above limitation, this sturdy camera delivers crisp images, quick focus, great indoor low light shots. I am very happy with this purchase.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Very Sharp Pictures!

Greg, Amazon
18 May 2014
  • Summary: Woot had it on sale for 200.00 dollars needed Sharper photos I have a Sony DSC-HX9V Don't laugh, Plus I don't have alot of money, so This is coming from someone who looks for outstanding Value. MX-1 is Great!!!
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Love it for all the right reasons

Michael W. Wegener, Amazon
16 May 2014
  • Summary: All the reviews on this camera are about the wonderful pictures it takes - and it does. In its Auto mode it is already a lot more photography savvy as I ever will be. But what made me so happy about this purchase is the fit and finish of this instrument. In a world where everything you buy feels more chincy than the item you are replacing there is seldom real happiness anymore for me. Not with this Pentax.
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Great throw-back

Jen, Amazon
15 May 2014
  • Summary: This is a great steal! Higher ISO tends to be grainy with the smaller sensor (no more than any other small sensor camera), but this camera’s stability allows me to use 100 ISO handheld in low light almost all the time. The lens is really sharp (I’m not a pixel peeper by nature). The RAW to JPEG engine is really good!
  • Read full review
Overall 10
10

Great nostalgic design, great quality photos for the low price.

Ronin67, Amazon
5 May 2014
  • Summary: Pentax has a real winner with the MX-1. A very solid built with a great retro design. Very pleased with everything overall!
  • Read full review
Next page >>