Excerpt: We have had this camera for several years, and recently also purchased a newer version of it. This camera, despite being 3 years old, works very well. It takes reasonably good photos so long as you adjust the shutter speed correctly, has an easy to see screen, and can …
Excerpt: We really wanted a digital camera before we went on holiday in 2003. They were very pricey at the time and it was only by chance this model grapped my attention from an advert in the newspaper. The fujifilm finepix F601 is a really good size - it's not too bulky but it's not so small I think I'm going to break it!
Pros: pretty easy to use, lots of special features, comfortable size
Excerpt: I've had this camera for over 2 years now and I will start by saying I've been very happy with it. This was my first digital camera so I'm unable to compare it with others, but I do know about picture quality and the optics of this Fuji are really good. Especially in conditions with adequate lighting this camera can astound you. Under low light and/or flash conditions the results can be slighty more erratic, depending on the circumstances.
Pros: Good optics . Movie mode . Lot of features .
Excerpt: I owned a FinePix6800 for over two years, although I have sold the unit, and replaced it with a Canon PowerShot S400 for reasons of preference, not dissatisfaction. The 6800 served me well, and is now servicing a friend who bought it from me. Although I have never used the F601 but have saw it. The unit is slightly smaller than the 6800. Both cameras use the same SCCD which interpolates 3MP to 6MP, however the F601 probably has an improved version of this CCD.
Excerpt: Digital cameras account for a staggering 35% of all new cameras sold. When you consider that the remaining 65% includes disposable cameras, this figure is even more significant than it first looks. With the constant improvements in technology and the associated reduction in costs, digital cameras are fast coming into reach for a lot of people. I am one of those people and some 24 months ago I bought a FinePix f601-zoom.
Excerpt: I have had mine just over a year now and still loving it. It only has 3.1 million pixels, but that can be boosted up to a whooping 6 mega pixel result. Running from the 3x optical zoom lens that has an aperture of f2.8 - f8 the camera can achieve a 36 - 108mm equivalent focal length on a 35mm camera. On top of this, the F601 also offers a macro mode and 4.4x digital zoom to boot. With cameras coming out all of the time i am still not tempted to stray from this one.
Excerpt: This is my fourth Digital Camera and second Fuji. I would recommend this camera to anyone as it does all it is expected of it. I have used it in all types of weather and the pictures have all come out great. Indoors is just as easy with good quality photo's. Due to its size and weight it is very handy to slip in your pocket or bag.
Excerpt: What more can i say that its a great camera. Great pictures with multiple choices of quality. Macro mode is good for taking close-ups of you favorite things. Good sized screen. it allows you zoom in on your taken photos and crop them to what you want. battery life is good, its never run out of power on me. the zoom is ok but when you take pictures in the 6mp mode you can crop and zoom the pictures and there is no visible difference in quality. Great with the docking pod.
Excerpt: My third digital camera, and my third Fuji at that (some might say I'm spoilt). I was quite lucky to acquire this, due to the fact that the Fuji 6800 I had previously developed a fault, requiring the whole main board to be replaced, at a cost too hidious to imagine. After much negotiation, several months of emails, and much pleading with Jessops, and them with Fuji, they finally agreed to let me have a replacement, even though it was a year passed it's warranty...