Summary: I bought mine in 2009 from Costco. It ran well for a couple of years in our basement. Then it caught on fire in June 2013 while we were not home causing major damage to our house. The unit was barely recognizable. The fire chief determined the source of the fire and it was the only electrical appliance in that area of the basement. Our security system fire alarm was the only thing that saved the house.
Summary: Bought ours like everyone else thought my humdid problem was solved but the fact is I was RIPPED OFF. Fact is that the BDH-450 like the other "ROYAL SOVEREIGN" units is manufactured poorly and not designed to stand up to Actual everyday application. Another example of poor chinese industrial engineering and cheap manufacturing. G-d forbid they ever enter the western commercial air transport industry.
Summary: After setting up the BDH-450 dehumidifier and turned it on, the adjustable fan switch(button) did nothing. It ran for about 15 minutes then it BLEW UP! It shot one of the handles into the middle of the room exposing an exploded capacitor. (I'm returning it to the store where it was purchased. I hope Gordy, the owner, gives my $200 back without any issues.) I was contacted by Royal Sovereign in less than 24 hours to remedy the situation.
Summary: I purchased two of these units. The first one died after about 1 year. It will not turn on at all. If you call Royal Sovereign, they will offer to charge you $85 to ship it back to them and repair it. The repair is included in the $85 charge. It simply isn't worth it. You may have to send it back three months later for $85 more dollars. This dehumidifier didn't last. Save yourself the headache.
Summary: In all fairness I must say this does do a good job at dehumidfying our basement. But that is about it. Beyond that this thing is built to last maybe a year or two and that is it. We bought ours just over a year ago (now just a couple months outside the 1 year warranty of course) and liked the idea of the pump so we didn't have to empty the bucket. Problem now is the main reason we bought it, i.e. the pump feature, no longer works.
Summary: I bought 2 of these. One for my mother and one for myself. Neither one worked right out of the box. Mine was able to be fixed by a local appliance guy. The other was shipped directly to them ($30). They denied having received it. After we proved that they got it by obtaining the signature from UPS, they proceeded to keep us on hold forever and never return phone calls. We've been calling daily. It's been 2 months now.
Summary: I bought mine from another website. First one arrived, the box was destroyed, so I did not take a chance and refused it. Called for another one. After waiting for a strong person to carry it to my cellar, unpacked it and the castor was broken. The vendor kindly refunded some of the money because of all the hassle I had gone through with now this one. I figured, I will look for a castor at a hardware store.