Summary: I've been using this for a little over two years and have had none of the problems the one and two star reviewers are reporting. The dispenser is too far back and you can only fill thin cups? Nonsense!! I have my morning coffee in thick diner style ceramic mugs. The dispenser valve sits out a little more than 1 1/2", and I've never had the coffee run over the side of the mug, Can't fill a tall travel cup without tilting, and possibly spilling? Also nonsense!!
Summary: This is the 4th generation of Brew Station we have purchased for our office. We had this unit for only 3 months before it completely stopped powering on. I agree with other reviewers that the area to place a cup is too shallow and hard to get a cup without spilling at least some. I also don't like that you have to take it apart to fill with water. I believe this was done to make the unit smaller, but the design is less functional.
Summary: I have tried many different coffee makers in my life, and Hamilton Beach wins always hands down. I had the older model of this one, the 1st Brew Station. had it for almost 16 years without 1 problem, except for when the carafe' part started to leak, the seal went bad after 11 years. called Hamilton Beach directly for a replacement, and got it in 2 days, they have Super Customer Service! and went out of their way to help me. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one.
Summary: Pros: 1. Yes, the coffee remained fresh even after 4 hours. Cons: 1. Design makes cleaning at least biweekly. 2. Drain basket plug broke after 2 years of use. Thankfully, I now have a reason to get rid of it. 3. Location of the hole where coffee is poured is too far back, making it impossible to fill some coffee mugs.
Summary: I have this coffee maker Hamilton Beach (48463) Brewstation and up until about six months ago would have given it five stars. Now, the electronic panel is gone out, can't tell if it is on or off, cannot program, cannot set brew strength, no clock etc. I will replace with a Cheepo, not worth spending $50 on another one.
Summary: The prospect of not having to deal with cleaning a coffee pot is the appeal of this product; however as other reviewers have noted, any cup with other than a thin lip is going to be difficult to fill. In addition, after 3 months of making 8 cups of coffee a day, it stopped brewing at 6 cups. No matter how many times we clean with vinegar and a decalcifier we hardly ever get a full pot of coffee. Our coffee cup is definately half empty.
Summary: Don't buy this product if you want to use a gold permanent filter rather than paper filters. After much effort on my part, I have come to the conclusion that Hamilton Beach does not make a permanent filter that fits this machine. The filter that will fit into the filter bakset is much too small, resulting in water leakage into the filter basket and coffee that is extremely weak. I found Hamilton Beach very unhelpful in addressing this issue.
The good coffee maker that almost was, but isn't...
2 January 2012
Summary: We've had this coffee maker for 3 yrs now... Makes coffee fine, but getting it out of the coffee maker is where the problem lies. You can ONLY use a basic standard coffee cup when you press the dispenser. If you try to use a tumbler, like in their product picture (ironically), about 10% of the coffee will end up in your tumbler and the other 90% will be spilling all over your counter - GUARANTEED. There's no way around it.
Summary: I got this coffee maker because I was/am tired of stained coffee pots. Its a good coffee maker but its not worth what they ask for it. 2.5 is what I would like to give this make but because it has lasted about a year I'll give it a 3. Cons/Problems: Short cord. (its about 2 foot) Only 4 hours of heating, max. I like to be able to drink coffee all day. Wish someone would make a 6 hour setting. Its not simple to get coffee out without spilling some, or most.
Summary: At first it's a great coffeemaker, and it keeps the coffee HOT for up to 4 hours. Started years ago with the first model and kept upgrading, but this is the last straw. Moving on and up to Cuisinart. However...............Too many parts and steps to brew coffee; loud! First, trying to pour water into the reservoir from the brew chamber is difficult to accomplish without pouring water all over the counter, even if you are careful.