Reviews and Problems with Dual Electronics XML8150
Showing 1-10 of 10
A lot of features for the cheap price - Great Deal
24 April 2012
Summary: I purchased this for use with my iPhone originally but later I got a new phone and decided to add an SD card for the device for my media: AmazonBasics SDHC Class 10 32 GB Secure Digital Card and I have had a great experience with the stereo and use of the iPhone dock and SD card mode. All the features work for me without issue and I'm happy with the price compared to the prices of some of the stereos with the same features.
Summary: First of all, this is my second unit. I had to return the first for the same reason many other reviews state: it would crash and my entire stereo and iPhone 4 would reset. A few other weird electronic hiccups as well. Returned the unit for another. The second unit works great, mostly... About 95% of the time, I love this stereo and the other 5% I want to rip it out of the dash with my bare hands.
Summary: This deck would have been a five star the first 6 months I owned it. Everything I expected in an cheap brand stereo, sounds good, love the controls, love the ipod dock, etc etc. However the ipod dock has since fallen apart. First the tabs you push to release the ipod popped out. I was able to replace them but they never were the same and frequently fall off. Later the actual dock connector began to pull out when I would remove my phone.
Summary: I bought this one with the intention of NOT using the AUX USB port, and having a handy dock station instead of trying to grab my i-Pod before it slips off the dash. The radio has multi channel FM and AM and the deck can be hooked to what's called a HD Radio (Dual HDM-90 an extra $99.00) tuner that has the i-Tunes tagging function. PROS: The receiver face flips down and you pull out the dock on a swing arm from behind the faceplate.
Summary: I must have been lucky because when I asked the Walxxxt guys about this unit he said it was their clearance item and it was the last one and they are selling it at $79. It has everything I wanted except the navigation. But it cost at least $500 for a navigation unit with similar features. And I still remember the nightmare when my Pioneer navigation broke down, they wanted me to send the unit plus $300 just for them to see what's wrong with the unit!
Summary: Dual XML8150 Mechless 240 Watt AM/FM/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver This is really more about the install than the unit (which is terrific, BTW). I purchased this at Wal*Mart for $125.00 plus $10.00 for the 1 Year Replacement Warranty. I was determined to do the install myself. Therefore, I purchased the wiring harness (Metra 70-7301, purchased from Fry's Electronics, $19.99), the adapter bracket (Metra 99-7314 Single DIN Installation Kit for 2001-2006 Kia Optima, also $19.99 at...
Summary: I installed this unit in a GMC vehicle using a Scocshe GM2000 Chime Adapter. So far everything I have tried works for me except when I make or receive a bluetooth call the other person says they can hear me but the volume is low. I have the wire routed behind the driver's side column and the microphone mounted just to the left of my sun visor and facing towards the driver. I have also had a problem with it automatically reconnecting to my Nokia phone.
Summary: I'm in general pleased from this unit: personally I'm not using mechanical storage devices since years, and a fully digitalized player seems to me a smart move. However something needs to be improved, i.e.: 1. Bluetooth phone. It is unusable. The other party can barely hear me. I believe DUAL has a great knowledge in digital electronics but, when coming to analog, well... not so good. You must YELLLLLL to the mic in order to have others hearing you.
One of the best car stereo purchases I've ever made!
23 February 2011
Summary: I bought mine at wally world for $125 (regular price). I see them as low as $107 on google shopping. Not a lot of places carry them yet. I have to say I've been VERY surprised at the value of this product after having it now for a couple of weeks. The last few decks I've bought have been these low name brand decks because they are the first (by many years) to introduce innovative features, and at amazing prices!
Great product that you definitely get your money's worth.
20 December 2010
Summary: I purchased this stereo from Walmart for $130. I was expecting to replace my Pioneer Car stereo with another really expensive stereo, but instead I found this unit. It doesn't have a CD player. I was thinking to myself "How odd for a stereo not to have a CD Player". When I started thinking about it, if I can use my Ipod (and friends' ipod) I really wouldn't need a CD Player.