Summary: is OK" buen recever a pesear de todo tardo mas de lo q se supone pero no es culpa de ustedes hay mucho transito en estos dias de navidad no se si en el transito de el shiping aplasto un poco el equipo y tiene un scrath lado derecho del display no esta como lo describieron pero al fin a cabo lo recivi y estoy contento gracias.
Summary: Update 8/30/12. My original comment about problems in the first 4 months were true but since I received the reconditioned av unit almost 4 years ago it has worked very well. The sound quality has also greatly improved because I replaced the HK 18 speakers with much better speakers. ....... I had high expectations and was very happy when I received the unit. I also bought the matched set of speakers HKT 18 and the two additional ones for 7.1.
Summary: For the price that you can get the AVR354, it offers significantly more bang for the buck than other receivers in the price range. You get support for all of the latest sound formats (except Dolby Pro Logic IIz), Great sound (very high quality and 75W is a very conservative rating), excellent video processing (upsampling to 1080p and overlays/OSDs even on high def outputs, which is rare in this price range), and included iPod dock.
Summary: Harman Kardon AVR-354 7x75W 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Outstanding sound and functionality exceeds my high expectations. The ease of use (The reference manual is both a necessity and helpful tool. Refer to it often) and versatility of this unit ideally suit my purposes and size of my small apartment. I especially liked the ability to reprogram the inputs and outputs to my equipment and taste.
Summary: I replaced my old pioneer 850S that was about $799 when I bought it. I knew a little about HK, but I must admit the low watts turned me off. I have a Klipsch Reference system and this thing does them justice. They are right if it is only 75 watts per channel then it is the most powerful 75 watter I have ever heard. I have a Blu ray player and when I played the latest Mummy movie I almost peed my pants when the explosions started ripping.
Summary: First, I want to say that the features of this receiver are great for the price. I upgraded from an older HK AVR-520, which served me well for about eight years. It lacked HDMI, so I guess it was time to move up. My main complaint is that the receiver ships with old firmware. Not a huge deal, but they should really include the cable to do the updates, as most of us don't have an RS232 serial cable just laying around.
Summary: This is a great product for the price. The sound is great and it was easy to setup. I did have an issue with the center speaker not working on the receiver and had to call tech support. I swear the tech support is a group of guys working out of someone's appartment in NYC but they knew what they were talking about. So I had to return the device to Amazon and had a new one in a day. It was fantastic. Just a point of reference since I wasn't too bright for a little while.
Summary: I am a huge Harman brand supporter and expected a lot out of this machine, considering that I have owned 2 of its predecessors and absolutely loved them.. I upgraded for HDMI switching, and new HD sound format processing(DolbyTrue HD,DTS-MA,ect) I will give you my pros and cons for this receiver.. First and foremost.. CONS: It needs a Firmware upgrade,while this is simple,it is very annoying, and does not solve the problems it is intended to, at least not in my case..
Summary: The HK AVR 354 is a real piece of work. Does all that I need it to with a little bit of frustration (firmware download should help). I am a budget shopper so have learned to use the remote rather than spend another $100 for a Harmony when I am already overrun with remotes (the HK remote does the job if you are willing to hit an extra button now and then - it drives my entire system 99% of the time and I keep the other remotes around for that other 1%).